Winemaking is a trade as old as civilization. As the process has become more sophisticated over time, so have the options available to protect you against loss.

As a wine seller, if you don’t have coverage tailored to your specific business needs, you may be exposed to risks that are not covered in a standard commercial package policy. Here are some of the ways Vineyard and Winery Coverage can help protect your business so you can keep the glasses full when the unexpected occurs.

Wine Leakage provides coverage for resulting damage to wine and other covered property caused by wine leaking from tanks, vessels, barrels, and their connections.

Wine Contamination provides coverage for wine products that must be withdrawn from use or sale due to contamination that is unknown or unanticipated.

Outdoor Growing Vines, Trellises and Harvested Products is an extension of coverage that is provided through your business personal property portion of your business policy for damages to these items listed as a result of a covered cause of loss in the policy including wind, vandalism, lightning, and fire.

Standard coverage limits or increased values of coverage are available for your specific wine-selling business needs. There are also additional package policy coverage endorsements available for purchase in order to obtain coverage for Liquor Liability, Equipment Breakdown losses, and Inland Marine schedules of coverage for other property and production equipment.

Here’s some of the information you’ll need to provide when considering coverage for your winery or vineyard operations:

  • Description of the nature of your operations.
  • Record of your revenue and how much of that is from the sale of wine.
  • Location of grapes you grow and the value of vines present at each location
  • Do you have on-premise tours, guest lodging, employee housing, or hold special events?
  • Would you require equipment breakdown protection for appliances or machinery
  • Do you have specific property items or equipment that you would like insured under a scheduled inland marine coverage endorsement?

To ensure your wine products are protected against risks specific to this industry, consult your independent agent to ensure you have the best insurance coverage in place for your operations.

The information above is of a general nature and your policy and coverages provided may differ from the examples provided. Please read your policy in its entirety to determine your actual coverage available.

Products underwritten by Central Mutual Insurance Company and affiliated companies.

Copyright © 2019 Central Mutual Insurance Company. All rights reserved.

Leave a Reply

Blog at

%d bloggers like this: