- Don’t drink and drive! Designate a driver, please.
- Watch for motorcycles!
- Follow the speed limit.
- Eliminate distracting driving, like texting on cellphones.
- Remain alert and drive defensively.
If you’ll be on the water, there will be lots of boaters and swimmers. On the water, remember to:
- Know weather conditions before/throughout the day.
- Have a swim buddy in all areas.
- Constantly supervise children in or near the water.
- Have young children and inexperienced swimmers wear life jackets.
If you’ll be cooking out, be mindful of the dangers. When grilling, be sure to:
- Keep the grill away from anything that could catch fire, like the house or tree branches.
- Keep children and pets away from the grill.
- Do not use charcoal starter or lighter fluid once coals have already ignited.
- Keep your grill clean.
One thing that can help protect you no matter your holiday weekend activities is a Personal Umbrella Policy. If you’re involved in an accident or a guest is injured on your property, you could be held liable. A Personal Umbrella Policy provides coverage above and beyond your primary auto or home policies for an extra layer of protection. Watch this video to learn more and then contact your independent insurance agent about this valuable coverage!
The information above is of a general nature and your policy and coverages provided may differ from the examples provided. Please read your policy in its entirety to determine your actual coverage available.
Products underwritten by Central Mutual Insurance Company and affiliated companies.
Copyright © 2019 Central Mutual Insurance Company. All rights reserved.