As consumers, we have expectations in regard to customer service. We want fast, accurate service from knowledgeable and friendly customer service representatives. There are so many ways to not only meet but exceed customer expectations, it just takes knowing what the customer needs to make that happen.
It’s important to have a firm grasp on the products and services you offer to give the best possible experience to the customer. Ease of access navigating a website or mobile app is also a must in today’s technology-driven society, as well as responding in a timely and accurate fashion to the requests coming from customers.
Some basic expectations consumers hope to have met as they go about their daily business include:
- Fast, efficient, and accurate service
- High quality products at a competitive price
- Friendly, helpful service staff to provide information and answer questions
- Prompt responses to their inquiries, whether online, by phone, or in person
- Sufficient stock to meet their needs without long waits
- A trained staff that can handle their questions without referring them on
- A clean facility or easy to navigate website
Most important, making the customer the number one priority will put you well on your way to meeting and exceeding customer expectations. Can you think of any other ways you might identify and meet your customer’s expectations?
Estep, Meredith. “The Importance of Meeting Customer Expectations (and How to Meet Them!)” Unitiv.com