Do you ever feel like you have too many distractions and too many projects, all of which have top priority? Or maybe things are going smoothly but a deadline or project gets moved up and you are scrambling to get everything completed? If these situations sound familiar, then these time management tips might be just what you need, especially during the busy holiday season!
- Create a daily plan. Plan you day in the morning or even the night before, leaving a little wiggle room for those unexpected items that may pop up. Using a calendar is the most fundamental step to managing your daily activities.
- Organize for efficiency. Prioritizing your tasks in a calendar or notes system will ensure that you spend your time and energy on those tasks that are truly important to you.
- Know what you want from your time. The proven way to do this is to set goals.
- Eliminate your time wasters. What takes your time away from your work life or personal life? Facebook? Twitter? E-mail? Stop checking them so often. One thing you can do to help this is make it hard to check them – remove them from your favorites, homescreen, etc.
- Learn to say “No” or learn to give yourself enough time. Not taking on more than you can handle is easier said than done. If you’re unable to say “No” then let the person requesting the task know your schedule and when they can expect to have the task completed.
- Block out distractions. If you’re able to, block out those distractions such as instant message, phone calls, and text messages.
Take control of your and time, and your life, with these time management tips. Do you have any additional tips to become a better time manager?